Groundteam recently attended a professional level training course for resin bound and resin bonded gravel driveway installers. We are pleased to offer this new service to customers.
Why choose a resin bound driveway?
- Attractive, durable and long lasting
- Available in a wide range of colours
- No planning permission required*
- Quick and clean installation**
- Low maintenance
- *If your new driveway uses a permeable surface such as a resin bound system you won’t need to apply for planning permission
- **We can complete most jobs within 1 or 2 days when applied onto existing base.
What is a resin bound surface?
There are two main types of resin–based surface:
Resin Bound (Hand Trowelled)
Hand trowelling involves pre-mixing aggregates and resin then ‘hand trowelling’ for a smooth porous surface with no loose chippings.
Resin Bonded (Scatter Coating)
Scatter coating involves applying the resin over a suitable base, and then ‘scattering’ the chosen gravel over the resin creating a non porous finish with higher anti slip properties.